Tilmanstone village is in a rural area, between Dover and Sandwich.
The Village Hall is situated in the centre of the village, and is the local venue for indoor meetings, events, celebrations and receptions and is very important to the community’s well-being and continuity.
The present Tilmanstone Village Hall was originally built in 1874 as a Methodist Chapel. It became redundant in 1966 and was sold to the church for community use by the parish. The hall is leased to the Village Hall Management Committee, (Chairman: Mr Brian Page, 01304 611344), to enable it to be maintained for use by the community.
The building is structurally sound and has been improved over the years by fund-raising efforts and voluntary work by members of the committees and residents in the village. In 2010 further refurbishment of the hall was carried out, providing toilets for disabled and baby-changing facilities, a new floor, disabled access and extra storage space. In 2011 improvements were made to the kitchen facilities, including a new cooker, etc.
The village playing field, owned by the parish council, adjoins the village hall, with access from an interior door in the hall directly into the playing field, which provides safety for children.
The hall is used by:
Tilmanstone Parish Council, a Polling Station for local Elections, Village Market which is held on the first Saturday pf the month from 10am until 11 am, WI meetings, Fund-raising and other events (Quizzes, displays, exhibitions, coffee mornings, bazaar, fair, etc for the hall, the Church, WI etc. and for various charities). Other local Clubs and Societies often use the hall.
Private Hire: It is also available for private hire for receptions, parties and other functions and it is worth noting that for children’s parties, the adjoining playing field, with access from inside the hall, can also be used.
For details of private hire of the hall please contact:
Bookings Secretary, Mrs Jenny Birch, telephone 01304 611203