MINUTES OF A MEETING OF TILMANSTONE PARISH COUNCIL
Held on Monday 17th July 2017 at 7pm in Tilmanstone Village Hall
79. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Cllr. Greenwood, Cllr. Morgan-Lovett
80. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: There were none.
81. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
Minutes of the previous meeting held on Monday 19th June 2017 will be approved at the next meeting.
82. ANY UPDATES ON ONGOING ITEMS:
a) Stagecoach Bus Consultation
It was confirmed that the parish council has written to Stagecoach objecting to the change in services.
a) District and County Councillors
Cllr. Manion reported that an OFSTED report on KCC Childrens’ Services had rated them as good. Dover District Council have a funding programme for community groups in the district. DDC have recently taken on apprentices to work at the council.
b) Parish Councillors
Public Question Time
• Query about proposed use of the Plough and Harrow pub. It is understood that the owner plans a micropub (open from Thursday to Sunday) with some seating outside the front of the building. There will also be living accommodation for the son of the owner and his family.
• Complaints about the alarm at the Plough and Harrow going off. This has already been reported to the owner by the parish council. Cllr. Manion has also reported the alarm to DDC Environmental Health following complaint from a resident.
• Concerns were expressed over the use of the field next to the Play Area which has been sold.
• Reported that the tree next to the bus shelter needs cutting back to allow clear view of the bus approaching. The parish council will ask our groundwork contractors to cut it back.
• Following discussion, it was agreed that an item be included in the Tilmanstone Brief asking people to cut back hedges on their properties overhanging the road.
84. PLANNING MATTERS:
a) Planning Applications:
DOV/16/01389 | Re-advertisement: Phase 2 of Whitfield Urban Expansion incorporating Parsonage Whitfield and Shepherd’s Cross Neighbourhoods and comprising up to 410 & 780 dwellings respectively in the form of 1 – 5 bedroomed two and part three storey accommodation together with green infrastructure including a minimum of 4.01 hectares of SAC mitigation land, cemetery a spine access road and junctions connecting Archers Court Road with Sandwich Road, associated roads, footpaths and cycleways serving the individual residential areas, car parking and garaging and associated infrastructure. (Resubmission of Planning Application reference: DOV/15/01277) (additional information received Environmental Statement Addendum and Technical Note for Addendum to Transport Assessment and Transport Assessment Addendum) (re-advertisement) | Phase II – Whitfield Urban Expansion, Whitfield, Dover – no comment
b) Any planning decisions made by Dover District Council: There were none
a) Financial Statement
The current balance at the bank (corrected to include cheques not yet presented) is £15,802.07
b) Approval of Payments
The following payments were approved:
• Evergreen – groundwork £470
• Tony Kilbee – internal audit £25
• KALC – public defibrillator purchase £1,680
86. PURCHASE OF A PUBLIC DEFIBRILLATOR TO BE SITED AT TILMANSTONE VILLAGE HALL
An offer of a defibrillator package has been received from the British Heart Foundation with a contribution of £100 from the parish council towards the cost. However, the cabinet would still need to be purchased separately and it is a semi-automatic machine. Advice received by the parish council recommends purchase of a fully automatic defibrillator. After discussion, Chairman proposed that a fully automatic Zoll AED Plus defibrillator and cabinet be purchased via the KALC discounted scheme at a combined cost of £1,400. This was seconded by Cllr. Weeks and agreed. It was noted that a contribution of £600 has been received from County Cllr. Manion towards the cost.
87. ADDITIONAL VILLAGE BENCH
The proposed location, on the grass verge near the public footpath next to School House, may need permission. Clerk is to enquire.
88. GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE
a) KALC meeting with Kent MPs re. HGVs using unsuitable roads
A meeting between KALC and Kent MPs has discussed problems, damage and congestion caused by HGVs. They reviewed photographic evidence (included some provided by this parish council) and there was interest in the Lorry Control Plan produced by Leicestershire County Council in 2007. Helen Grant MP was commissioned to produce a report, in conjunction with KALC, with recommendations for the next Kent MPs meeting in October.
b) Kent Police Connect and Protect Campaign
Kent Police are running a campaign to inform the public and businesses about online crime.
89. ITEMS FOR INFORMATION
a) Betteshanger Sustainable Parks Newsletter – latest copy is to hand
b) Kent Miners’ Festival – to take place on August Bank Holiday Monday at Betteshanger Community Park
Meeting closed at 8.10pm