AGM Minutes – May 2017

MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF TILMANSTONE PARISH COUNCIL
Held on Wednesday 24th May 2017 at 7pm in Tilmanstone Village Hall

PRESENT: Cllr. Brazier (in the Chair), Cllr. Beadle, Cllr. Morgan-Lovett, Cllr. Weeks
IN ATTENDANCE: Mr. A. Denyer (Parish Clerk)

PRESENTATION ON PUBLIC DEFIBRILLATORS
John Rivers, Chairman of the Kent Association of Local Councils, and a trained First Responder, gave a presentation on the use of Public Defibrillators. Running costs are approximately £70 over three to four years (including replacement batteries and new pads which are one use only) along with approximately £10 a year for the cost of heating the cabinet, a small fan for the summer and a night-time light. They are low cost to insure, approximately £5 per year. John demonstrated the use of a defibrillator. They are designed to be simple to use but John is prepared to offer training. There are no prosecutions recorded over the use of public defibrillators. In Kent each year there are around 60,000 cases of cardiac arrest.

55. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Cllr. Greenwood, District/County Cllr. Manion

56. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: There were none.

57. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN
Cllr. Morgan-Lovett nominated Cllr. Brazier to be Chairman for the forthcoming year. This was seconded by Cllr. Beadle. There being no other nomination, all agreed that Cllr. Brazier be duly elected and he signed the Declaration of Office in the presence of the Clerk.

58. ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRMAN
Cllr. Morgan-Lovett nominated Cllr. Greenwood to be Vice-Chairman for the forthcoming year. This was seconded by Cllr. Weeks. There being no other nominations, all agreed that Cllr. Greenwood be duly elected for the forthcoming year.

59. COUNCILLOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The following Councillor responsibilities were agreed for the forthcoming year.
• Planning – Cllr. Brazier
• Chapel Road Play Area – Cllr. Weeks / Cllr. Brazier
• Public Rights of Way – Cllr. Beadle / Cllr. Greenwood
• Highways and Verges – Cllr. Morgan-Lovett
• Tilmanstone Brief – Cllr. Greenwood

60. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
The minutes of the last meeting held on Wednesday 19th April 2017 had previously been circulated. Cllr. Morgan-Lovett proposed that they were a true record of the meeting. This was seconded by Cllr. Weeks and all agreed.

61. UPDATES ON ONGOING ITEMS FROM THE MINUTES
BHF Funding for Public Defibrillators
There is possible funding available subject to certain criteria. Clerk is to make an application.
Site for additional village bench
Chairman will continue to put a request in the ‘Brief’ for positive suggestions as to a site.

62. REPORTS:
a) District and County Councillors
No Councillors were present at the meeting.
b) Parish Councillors
Cllr. Weeks reported that the repairs to potholes in School Road appeared to be good quality.
Cllr. Beadle reported that the installation of replacement LED street-lighting had begun in the village. He will enquire when it is due to be completed.

Public Question Time

• Suggestions for the proposed bench were made for it to be sited by the post box or by the side of the Bus Stop.
• The hedge by the Old Vicarage is overhanging the highway. Cllr. Weeks responded that he is working on the hedges as part of his working role there.
• There was also a comment about vegetation overhanging the cycle path. This will be reported.
• A query was made as to whether Kent Highways are required to sweep the roads. Cllr. Morgan-Lovett will look into this.
• A resident has been told by Kent Highways that they would not object to a ‘Unsuitable for HGVs’ sign being put up as long as it complied for any other planning requirements.

63. PLANNING MATTERS:
a) Planning Applications
DOV/17/00546 | Erection of 100 dwellings (including 30 affordable homes), new vehicular and pedestrian access, internal access roads, car parking, landscaping, provision of 3.3 hectares of open space including a locally equipped area for children’s’ play | Land on The South Side, Singledge Lane, Whitfield, CT16 3ER – The application was discussed and it was agreed that the parish council’s comment query whether the correct number and position of fire hydrants was included in the scheme.
b) Decisions made by Dover District Council
There were none.

64. FINANCE:
a) Approval of Payments
The following payments were approved:
• Evergreen Garden and House Maintenance (groundwork) £235
• Kent Association of Local Councils (shared cost of conference attendance) £36
• Kent Association of Local Councils (Annual Subscription) £186.84
• Reimbursed to Cllr. Brazier (cost of 2 editions of Tilmanstone Brief) £40.50
It was agreed to authorise the annual safety inspection of the Play Area at a cost of £65
b) Insurance Renewal
Details of the renewal premium for the year beginning 1st June have been received. This is the final year of a long term agreement which hgave the parish council a discount. It was agreed to pay the sum of £694.91 requested to Came & Company for this year’s insurance cover.
c) Financial Report for 2015/16
Clerk circulated the annual financial statement for the year ended 31st March 2017. Cllr. Weeks proposed that the financial statement and the annual governance statement be accepted. This was seconded by Chairman and all agreed.

65. CORRESPONDENCE
a) Works on St.Andrew’s Church
Mrs Chandler has written to the parish council outlining proposed works towards installing a toilet in the church. This will involve having a new water connection. The Church would be interested in any grants which the council has knowledge of. Clerk will check his information and reply.
b) Plough and Harrow Public House
An email has been received from Mr. Stillman outlining his plans for the Plough and Harrow. Mr. Stillman had been invited to attend the meeting but was not able to. Many concerns and objections were discussed and it was agreed that Cllr. Beadle draft a response encapsulating all the concerns and that the letter be sent, via the Clerk, with an invitation to attend the next meeting.
c) DDC Planning – Danefield House
A response has been received from DDC regarding the position with Danefield House. Three planning applications have been made for the property since 2002 and either refused or withdrawn. There is no knowledge of any current plans for the site.

66. ITEMS FOR INFORMATION
Copies of a booklet on the Kearsney Parks Project have been received and were available at the meeting. A small number will be left in the Village Hall for anyone interested.

Meeting closed at 8.50pm to be immediately followed by the:

ANNUAL PARISH MEETING

1. Annual Report from the Parish Chairman
The Chairman gave his report on the previous year. A copy of the report is appended to these minutes.

2. Reports from local groups
Reports were received from Tilmanstone Village Hall Committee, Tilmanstone Saturday Market and
Tilmanstone Women’s Institute. These reports will be appended to the minutes