Minutes – February 2017

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF TILMANSTONE PARISH COUNCIL
Held on Monday 20th February 2017 at 7pm in Tilmanstone Village Hall

PRESENT: Cllr. Brazier (in the Chair), Cllr. Greenwood, Cllr. Beadle, Cllr. Morgan-Lovett, Cllr. Weeks
IN ATTENDANCE: Mr. A. Denyer (Parish Clerk), Dist. Cllr. Kenton

12. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Dist./County Cllr. Manion

13. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: There were none.

14. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
The minutes of the last meeting held on Monday 16th January 2017 had previously been circulated. Cllr. Morgan-Lovett proposed that they were a true record of the meeting. This was seconded by Cllr. Greenwood and all agreed.

15. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES / UPDATES ON ONGOING ITEMS
Shrubs have now been planted on the bank at the rear of the village hall parking area along with a new tree planted by the W.I. The groundwork contractors are to be asked to strim the area once the bulbs have finished flowering. Clerk is to ask when the telephone box is to be removed.

16. REPORTS:
a) District and County Councillors
Dist. Cllr. Kenton reported that discussions were taking place about a possible East Kent Council, merging four District Councils, as it will not be feasible for DDC to continue in the future with its current budget. The cinema framework is being constructed in the Dover DTiZ project. Meetings have been taking place with the Heritage Lottery Fund about the Dover Maison Dieu. Also, the Open Golf Championship will be returning to Sandwich in 2020.
b) PCSO / Policing
The Rural Policing update, received from KALC, reported that two people had been convicted of 9 counts of fly tipping across the Dover district. This was the result of a joint investigation between Dover District Council, the Rural Liaison Team and the Dover Community Policing Team.
Kent Police are currently promoting volunteer opportunities within the force and have asked if this can be publicised via our website and notice boards.
c) Parish Councillors
i) Fire Hydrant Review Meeting
Cllr. Morgan-Lovett reported on attending a meeting with KFRS. Parish Councillors are being asked to report any damage or misuse of fire hydrants a couple of times a year as KFRS do not have the resources to inspect all hydrants every year. They will move hydrants if any have been placed in an inappropriate position. There are 9 or 10 hydrants in the parish. The lack of fire hydrants can be used as an objection to any proposed housing developments.
ii) Plough and Harrow Public House
The pub is currently open limited hours and being run by a holding manager until renovations have been completed. However, the parish council has been told that works have yet to be approved by the board of Shepherd Neame. It may be possible for the pub to be listed as an asset of community value. This would also help with any objection to sale and change of use. It was agreed to enquire about the process and to go ahead with an application if it was felt to be appropriate.

Public Question Time

• Feral cats are still a problem in the village
• An issue with security lights shining across properties belonging to other people was raised. Cllr. Greenwood said he could put a note in the Tilmanstone Brief reminding people about good neighbourly behaviour.

17. PLANNING MATTERS:
a) Planning Applications received by the date of the meeting
There were none.
b) Decisions made by Dover District Council
DOV/16/01352 | West Studdal Wood Base Station, Off Strakers Hill, Tilmanstone, CT15 5BJ | 5m extension to the existing lattice tower, the installation of 2 transmission dishes on the extended tower, and equipment cabinet and ancillary development at ground level – permission granted.
c) Planning correspondence
Clerk has received a response to an enquiry about the condition of Danefield House, St.Mary’s Grove. A Planning Investigation Officer is to visit the site and will be in touch afterwards.

18. FINANCE:
a) Financial Statement
A financial statement was circulated at the meeting. Bank balance as at 30/01/2017 was £12,816.
b) Approval of Payments
The following payment was approved:
Kent Association of Local Councils – £72

19. POSSIBLE ADDITIONAL VILLAGE PARKING REQUIREMENTS
Provision of an additional five car parking spaces outside the village hall was discussed. This would require the fence on Chapel Road and the Notice Board to be moved back. Chairman proposed that the parish council investigate any planning requirements and costs. This was seconded by Cllr. Beadle and all agreed. Cllr. Greenwood will request that the bench (removed for repair) was not reinstated until a decision is made.

20. TO DISCUSS FUTURE DEVELOPMENT OF THE PARISH WEBSITE
Cllr. Greenwood reported on attendance at the KALC Digital Communications Conference. KALC have chosen Hugo Fox as their preferred website provider as they have guaranteed that they will never charge not for profit community organisations for web services. Clerk reported that our current providers, EIS, are in the process of updating the parish websites that they manage to a new ‘Wordpress’ CMS system. Update for next month’s meeting.

21. TO DISCUSS THE PROVISION OF A COMMUNITY DEFIBRILLATOR
An electrician is to visit the village hall on 6th March to check the electrical connections required for a community defibrillator. Funding of £500 towards the cost has been granted from Cllr. Manion’s budget. All the costs will be available for a final decision at next month’s meeting.

22. TO RECEIVE INFORMATION ABOUT HISTORIC VILLAGE PANEL REPLACEMENT
An offer has been received from DDC to replace the Historic Village interpretation panel at a cost of £240 including fitting. Clerk is to check if there is any reduction for the replacement of both panels.

23. PROPOSED 2017 VILLAGE EVENT
A sub-committee comprising John Weeks, Jenny Birch, Jackie Brazier and Sandra Warne is meeting to discuss the planning of a May Day event for the local community. Cllr. Greenwood will also assist where required. Cllr. Greenwood proposed a maximum budget of £1,000. This was seconded by Cllr. Weeks and all agreed. Chairman will look into the availability of morris dancers. It is proposed to hold the event on Bank Holiday Monday.

24. KCC DRAFT FREIGHT ACTION PLAN
After discussion, it was agreed to support the KCC draft freight action plan.

25. CORRESPONDENCE:
a) Rural Kent Coffee and Information Project
A new service bringing community information and a mobile café to rural communities was being offered with funding from KCC and the National Lottery.
b) Forthcoming KALC Workshops and Conferences
Three councillor training workshops are to be held during April and May but none locally.
c) Conference on Reducing the Risk and Impact of Flooding
Representatives from parish councils are invited to attend a discussion on reducing the risk and impact of flooding. This is to be held in London on 27th April 2017.
d) KALC/KFAS Information Event – Delivering Effective Partnership Working in Kent Communities
An information event is due to take place on Tuesday 28th February in Maidstone discussing the proposed changes in local government organisation.
e) Betteshanger Park
An email has been received from Betteshanger Sustainable Parks. They are keen to work with local communities to raise the profile of the Betteshanger Projects and keep us up to date with events and opportunities provided at the site.
f) Damage caused by a lorry in Upper Street
A letter has been received regarding damage caused by a large vehicle in Upper Street. It was agreed that the parish council investigate any possible measures.

26. DATE FOR THE ANNUAL VILLAGE CLEAN-UP
It was agreed that the annual village clean-up take place on Saturday 18th March 2017 at 10am, meeting at the village hall.

27. ITEMS FOR INFORMATION
Cllr. Greenwood has acquired a new notice board. It was suggested that when the new one is erected that the old one could be put up at the bus stop.

Meeting closed at 8.30pm